Orb MenuItems: dropdown buttons - auto-show items on hover

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:09 PM
So, I'm using the ribbon in a VB WinForms project and created two test buttons with drop-down items in the Orb's menuitems. One button will automatically show the dropdown items of the button when I hover over it, AND it will show the items to the right (in the recent items section). The other button only shows its items when I actually click the button, and it shows those items below the button.

I figured I'd just recreate the project since it was a simple test, and on my new form with a new ribbon all the drop-down buttons need to be click before they show the items and those items display below the button.

Any way to get the dropdown buttons to automatically show its items on hover AND to make the items appear to the right over the recent items section?

Thanks
Mar 29, 2016 at 2:30 AM
I figured it out on my own in case anyone else has this problem. When you add buttons to the orb, they get created as System.Windows.Forms.RibbonButton(), but need to be changed to System.Windows.Forms.RibbonOrbMenuItem() - just edit in the designer.
Marked as answer by ericheb on 3/28/2016 at 6:30 PM