Ribbon Button Width

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:38 PM
This might be obvious but I can't seems to set the RibbonButton's width.
I want the ribbon's button width to show the text in one line in stead of text wrapping it.
What's the best way to accomplish this?
Thanks
An Phan -
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:23 PM
You can't. The button will resize based on the available ribbon space. Have you set the MinSize and MaxSize you want? What text do you want to display?
Jan 28, 2015 at 12:10 AM
MinSize and MaxSize, are you refers to the button's MinimumSize and MaximumSize? Thanks that seems to help!

Also if I want the button to 'autosiz'e the width based on the length of the text is that possible?

Say I have a button with a Caption that said "Left Alignment", I want this text to show below the icons
  [Icon] 
[Left Alignment]

instead of
[Icon] 
[Left 
Alignment]

Thanks for the prompt response!
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2015 at 12:38 AM
The large button size is designed to display two lines of text if separated with a space. This follows the design of Word and Excel. You can either use small buttons with left and right align icons (as in Word and Excel - which I think all users are used to), or you can set the MaxSize to Medium which will let you have a small icon and the full line of text.
Jan 28, 2015 at 1:39 AM
I see the intention,
Now, how do I set the button size to be "large" or "small"?
Thanks,
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2015 at 3:33 AM
Edit the MinSizeMode and MaxSizeMode properties of the button. There is no "small", just Large, Medium, Compact.

Refer to the size descriptions in the write up here: http://officeribbon.codeplex.com/
Marked as answer by Stumpii on 4/11/2016 at 9:12 PM