Office Ribbon Project with VS 2013 Express

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Hi,

I just started a new C#-project and would like to use these great controls. Adding the ribbon looks really good. But when adding tabs or panels they are absolutely misplaced and you cannot work with them. Does anybody has an idea?

Best Regards
Duddits
Developer
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Can you post a screenshot?
Have you tried to close the Ribbon in designer, rebuild and re-open the control?
What does it look like at runtime?
Feb 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Hi,

thanks for your answer

yes - I have rebuilt the control already

Here are the Screenshots (2 tabs, 1 Panel)

Design Mode

Running

Best Regards
Duddits
Feb 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Hi,

some additional information which may help: When opening the projectRibbon-cs I can build it with all samples. The generated bins are working well. But when I want to open a form of these samples an error comes up:

Best Regards
Duddits
Developer
Feb 16, 2014 at 7:19 PM
That is absolutely strange! Can you post the stack trace of that exception?
I have no idea what it means by AddingRibbonSupport!
I can tell you that the designer is looking for System.Windows.Forms.dll in Version 4.0 in your GAC - but the interesting part is cut off!
Feb 17, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Can say that AddingRibbonSupport belongs to Windows Ribbon project. It is first of samples.
Developer
Feb 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM
How does the Windows Ribbon influence this Office Ribbon?
Feb 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Maybe topic starter mistakes something between various ribbons (for form exception screenshot).
Feb 17, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Hmmm - thats strange.

The Error Message definitly came up when trying to run Application from projectRibbon-cs. I tested Windows Ribbon some days before but didn't used it any more...

Best Regards
Duddits
Developer
Feb 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Is your issue still active? If so, is it possible that you start the ribbon minimized? Cause thats not working.