the application hangs when a RibbonPanel is made invisible and the form is minimized

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:36 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Hi,
for a start - I really like your control - congratulations for the job well done!
I seem to found a bug related with the ribbon panels visibility. When you make a panel invisible and then minimize the form that contains the Ribbon, the form cannot be restored/maximized again, and if it's a modal form, the whole application hangs and has to be shut down.

The bug is reproducible with the RibbonDemo project in Windows 10 with latest updates applied.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open the RibbonDemo project and pick a form - i.e. TestForm.
  2. In TestForm_Load() method add the following line:
    ribbonPanel1.Visible = false;
  3. Start the demo and open the TestForm. See that the ribbonPanel1 (the one with Label Width Property caption) is hidden.
  4. Minimize the form.
  5. Try to restore/maximize it. The form cannot be restored again. The main form is in Not Responding state and the application hangs.
Edit: From what I've checked, it seems to loop endlesly into RibbonTab.UpdatePanelsRegions() and more precisely into
while (curRight > TabContentBounds.Right && !AllPanelsOverflow())
It's not a big deal, but it's annoying if you have dynamically hidden/shown panels in your tabs. Hopefully it will be fixed in a new release of your awesome control.

Regards!