I cannot set the theme for office 2010

May 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Hi,

First of all, thank you for making this lovely project available!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but I can't seem to get the proper office 2010 style on the ribbon.

When I set the orb style to 2010, I get something like this:

Which is different from what I want, which is this:

Is it possible to give me a hand here?

Thanks!
Jun 17, 2015 at 11:15 PM
You need to set your form so it inherits from RibbonForm instead of just Form.
Jun 18, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Hi kcarbis!

Thanks for your answer!
However, I think I did't make myself clear. My problem isn't the integration of the quick access bar, is the look of it, specifically the gradient across the bar, the rounded edges, and the lines between the groups in each tab.

It seems me that this involves more then just the theme colors, but maybe you could help me with that?

Thanks!
Jun 22, 2015 at 3:18 PM
The difference between your screen shots is the use of the RibbonForm inheritance. You must change the code in your class declaration. you just need to change one thing and it will fix your issue. you can look at any of the sample forms and they are all setup the same way. Instead of your form inheriting from Form you change it to inherit from RibbonForm.
public partial class MainForm : RibbonForm
Jun 22, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Thanks again for your reply! However, I must be missing something else, as I have tried that with no success...

here is my code:
namespace WindowsFormsApplication1
{
    public partial class Form1 : RibbonForm
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }
    }
}
And what the end result is:

Which looks like a 2007 theme with a tab instead of the orb...

I don't think I have missed any steps, but I must be missing something else... just don't know what :(

Thanks for your patience!
Jul 7, 2015 at 12:38 AM
Hi!,

I had the same problem at the beginning, but its just a missing setting:
1) Please on your Form, set the "FormBorder" Property to "FixedSingle".
2) Set On your Ribbon, "BorderMode" Property to "NonClientAreaCustomDrawn".
And that's it!.

Hope I help.

MFI
Jul 8, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Hi Madchen,

Thanks for your reply! even though it was not exactly what I was looking for, it is helpful!!
My problems are the gradient that I have across the Tab, right in the middle of the tab, which we don't have on the "proper" 2010 theme, and the frame on the panels, which are around the hole panel (with rounded corners) instead of being just a vertical separator.
Also, the tab in my example has rounded edges, and not square edges as in the example provided by kcarbis.

Thanks for your help!