RibbonForm equal Office2013

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Hi,

It would be possible to leave the visual equal to the Office2013?

Best regards!

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Hi,

I am not sure but try to add items (collections) in "DropDownButtonItems" in QuickAcessToolbar properties of Ribbon object.
=> DropdownButtonvisible = True

To allow Ribbon menu up to your form, change such as this documentation :
https://officeribbon.codeplex.com/documentation

check point 23 & 24:
  1. In the code for Form1.cs, change this line:
    public partial class Form1 : Form
  2. to this line:
    public partial class Form1 : RibbonForm
Mar 20, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Hi Newbies,

Actually that's not what I mean, but the visual itself, eg: background color white, straight edge, the application icon, etc..

The QuickAcessToolbar I removed because not needed in this application, and the form is already as RibbonForm.
But this visual would be very important as a friendly interface.

But I appreciate your attention.

Best regards.
Mar 24, 2014 at 8:52 AM
The VS 2013 style was provided by "ohio232stang". So I guess he is the person to contact.
Just out of curiosity: is it just Outlook or the whole Office 2013 which does not use Aero glass any more (I have no Office 2013)?
Mar 24, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Hi toAtWork,

Is the whole Office 2013, I think it was removed because of the style of windows 8.
The OrbMenu also changed, and the effect of DropDown buttons.

Best regards

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Hi BredRick,

Thanks for the info! One further question, which operating system are you running?

Cheers
Mar 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Hi toAtWork,

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium (x64), whenever you need I am available to contribute.

Cheers
Jun 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Hi BredRick:
I found a method that can make the OfficeRibbon look more like Office 2013 without writing any extra codes.
  1. In the Ribbon's Property window, set Ribbon's BorderMode to NonClientAreaCustomDrawn and the OrbStyle to office_2013.
  2. You main form should inherit RibbonForm instead of the default Form. TEXT Chekc points 23 && 24.
  3. In the RibbonForm"s Property window, set the FormBorderStyle to None.
Run the project, you will see the result which is much like office 2013 interface. ( I don't know how to upload the screen shot for I'm new with CodePlex).
However, if more of office 2013's features are desired, it is essential to write some code to paint the RibbonForm. And I haven't worked out it.
Jun 23, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Hi sHuaGao,

I did your instructions, and worked perfectly, except the title.

I tried some things, but, no results.
Exists some procedure to fix this case?

Best regards
Jul 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I don't know how to upload the screen shot for I'm new with CodePlex
Upload somewhere else, like a dummy wiki page or maybe imgur. Then, click in the image button above this textbox (reply) and paste the url.