How to delete buttons in ribbon control

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Hello,

I’m new to ribbon controls and really like this ribbon control. However, I’m having two small issues. One is that I created more buttons then I need and I didn’t find a way to delete them. The other is how do I work with the Orb Office 2007 Style ribbon to add buttons and separators.

I’m using Visual Studio 2010 (VB.NET). Oh… Are there any tutorials?

Thank you.
Developer
Jan 8, 2014 at 7:23 AM
For me it works when I select the button in design mode an just push the delete button. Of course you can always select the parent component and open the collection editor on the items and select which one to remove.
For a tutorial, check out the documentation page.

Cheers
Jan 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Thank you.

I was able to delete, but now I see what problem I was having. If I delete a button or even sometimes create one. It wouldn't show up unless I close the form and re-open it. If I tried to run the the project before doing this, but project would crash and not run, but would run if I clicked run again.
Developer
Jan 9, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Very strange. Which version of the Ribbon are you using? I can remember we had that problem some time ago. But I thought it was fixed???
Jan 10, 2014 at 4:00 AM
I'm using version 3.5.8.0. Combo boxes don't show up at all.
Developer
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Are the comboboxes in the Ribbon demo showing up?
Jan 10, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Edited Jan 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Yes. I even created a new VB.NET project that gave me the exact same results. The combobox doesn’t show up at all. Buttons don’t show up without closing the page and re-opening it back up.