All DropdownButtons are out of order. Any help?

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Hi,
since two days I drive crasy. On any reason ??? the Click event of all DropdownButtons are not fireing any more. If've no idea why. The normal ribbon buttons are still ok.
All was fine before that happen. What happen? I use Visualstudio in VMWare. Guest OS ist Windows 7. I update the host from Win 8 to 8.1. This force me to update VMWare from 9 to version 10. But I can't see any reason why this should effect my program. So I guess this isn't the reason for that.

Did anybody got the same or similar problem in the past?
Regards,
Marc
Developer
Oct 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM
The oringial author did use a hook on all mouse an keyboard interactions to get the information where the mouse cursor is actually located. This is the reason why Kaspersky AVS is informing the user that the ribbon might be a key logger.
Just a wild guess - but maybe Windows 8.1 is not allowing this any more.
How far (call stack) do you get?
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
toAtWork,
I was able to isolate the problem.
It's definitely not a Win 8.1 problem. I install VisualStudio 2013 Express direktly on the Win 8.1 host and it's all fine, again.
I reinstall VisualStudio 2012 in my VM guest OS and I still got the same failures.
Not all Click_Events are affected. Only the Click_Events of DrobDown-ribbonButtons.

So, I guess it's that problem you describe "hook on all mouse an keyboard interactions", because I also noticed that VMWare Workstation 10 have a problem with my monitorresolution. It is a native 1920x1080, but VMWare think it is a 2400x1350 and I was not able to stop VMWare to interpolate fullscreen 2400x1350 to native 1920x1080. I guess the mouseposition is shifted now for that hook.

So, thank you for your hint. I'm going to follow-up this in a VMWare forum.
Marc
Marked as answer by MarcDirk on 10/29/2013 at 4:40 AM
Nov 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Marc,
Were you able to fix the problem? I am having the same issue with Parallels 9 on a MacBook Pro.
Thanks,
Jose