Problem with dropdown list

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Hi , first of all,i want to say that this is a great project that help me make a beautiful UI. Everything working ok, but when i create a ActiveX by C# (that use ribbon as a menu) and integrated it into a MFC program. Everything still ok till i click on a SplitDown button , the total Ribbon Menu (except the clicked button and its dropdown list) disappear. It redisplay when i move the mouse over the Ribbon Menu then move the mouse outside the ribbon area. I see this topic that stated problem similar to mine, but i cannot solved it. Please help me , thank you very much!

P/S: the work-around for this problem is that i reassigned the activetab for the menu. But this will cause the UI flash.
Developer
Mar 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM
The topic you mentionend is not related to your problem (is fixed in Release 24 Feb 2013).
What do you exactly mean by disapear? Not drawn or removed at all meaning the layout changes as well?
Mar 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Here is the image (a part of whole menu) before I click on "Stroke" button, then select an item in dropdown list
And here is the result, everything disappear except the "Stroke" button

All the control on the form is not drawn, only the "Stroke" button is drawn. Any ideas , thank in advance!
Developer
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I have never seen that before!
No idea what is wrong. But you could try to play around in OnDropDownItemClicked method of the RibbonButton. E.g. call Owner.SuspendUpdating() before the DropDownItemClicked event is fired and call Owner.ResumeUpdating() afterwards.
That should be the right position where to start. I am sorry that I can not help you any more because I cannot reproduce this.
Mar 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Hi toAtWork, i am very appreciate your helping!!! Your solution is ok , but it still make the the form redraw and redrawing will make the UI flash! I'm still looking at source code! One again, thank you, your answer has inspired me very much.