Windows form control are not enabled in Windows XP

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the wonderful Office Ribbon project.

We are using Visual Studio 2010 for developing a project and have included the Ribbon for the main form. And other child windows forms to open while clicking on the button on the Ribbon.

It works fine while developing on Windows 7 system though there are some issues like some delay on clicking on the button to open child form.
But, while developing the same project on Windows XP system, all the controls on the child form are disabled i.e. we can do nothing like typing in textbox or selecting combobox. It even does not allow to close the child form. We have to stop the project from visual studio everytime.

Please provide help regarding the both Windows 7 and Windows XP issue.

Thanks
Developer
Feb 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Feb 8, 2013 at 3:53 AM
The solution given at http://officeribbon.codeplex.com/discussions/277409 works. Now the controls are active on Windows XP as well.

But there are still some issues mainly, a delay of 3-5 secs after clicking on the button on the Ribbon to open the child forms. And this delay occurs at the closing of the child forms too. I have mentioned this issue in my previous post also. Would you please provide any solution to this ..??

Thanks.
Developer
Feb 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Is the delay on Win7 only? If so I can't help you because I am developing for XP.
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM
No. The delay is both on Win 7 and Win XP.
Please help..
Developer
Feb 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM
OK. I know about the delay on XP, on Win7 I have not come across that (yet).
We have done some improvements - which are too much to post here.
Please be patient and wait for the next release.