Inheriting Ribbon Issues

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I followed the instructions on adding the ribbon to the form. after changing the inheritance to system.windows.forms.ribbon. I get the following error:

The designer cannot process the code at line 25: Me.AutoScaleMode = System.Windows.Forms.AutoScaleMode.Font The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Are you using C# or VB?

Also, it needs to be System.Windows.Forms.Ribbon35

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I am using vb.net

When I add the inherit line, i only get system.windows.forms.ribbon not ribbon35???

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Just curious if there is any response for this?

The designer cannot process the code at line 60: Me.AutoScaleDimensions = New System.Drawing.SizeF(6.0!, 13.0!) The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.

Go to code

Instances of this error (1)

1.   WindowsApplication1 Form1.Designer.vb Line:60 Column:1   Show Call Stack
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.CreateQuoteExpression(XmlElementData xmlElement)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.XmlElementData.get_CodeDomElement()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.EndElement(String prefix, String name, String urn)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.Parse(XmlReader reader)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.ParseXml(String xmlStream, CodeStatementCollection statementCollection, String fileName, String methodName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomParser.OnMethodPopulateStatements(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.CodeDom.CodeMemberMethod.get_Statements()
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)

Help with this error

Could not find an associated help topic for this error. Check Windows Forms Design-Time error list  

Forum posts about this error

Search the MSDN Forums for posts related to this error  

I tested on Windows XP and 7 and got the same results.

The application is written in vb.net requiring .net 3.5.

Above you noted that it should be ribbon35. There isn't a ribbon35 only ribbon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Try downloading the latest version. this problem happens frequently and the designer must be reloaded. We are desperately in need of a patch for this. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM

It should be  System.Windows.Forms.RibbonForm. 

It may also be that you have changed some properties of the form that can't be properly migrated to the new form handler.  try changing all the form properties back to the default and then change the inheritance to the RibbonForm.  Then you can try customizing the form properties once its been inherited successfully.

Developer
May 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM
This problem is resolved in released version of 10th May 2013.
You may want to check it out :)
cheers.